Department of Zoology
Why study Zoology?
- First and fore most we belong to the world of animals.
- Basic science in Biology leading to the study of Biotechnology, Nanotechnology, Immunology etc.,
- Students who study zoology learn a diversity of topics, ranging from the structure and function of
the cells that make up animals, through anatomy and physiology, reproduction and development,
evolution and behavior.
- This knowledge is important for a range of activities, including biomedical research, Biodiversity,
phytoremediation, the management of natural resources, environmental planning and for
understanding the natural world.
- To impart quality life science education on par with international standards to women students.
- To develop outstanding scholars/ teachers/ career women/ entrepreneurs and responsible leaders.
- To enable them to apply their knowledge and skills in life sciences for betterment of society.
- To be a center of local and global excellence in teaching and research in life sciences.