Department of Zoology
Why study Zoology?
- First and fore most we belong to the world of animals.
- Basic science in Biology leading to the study of Biotechnology, Nanotechnology, Immunology etc.,
- Students who study zoology learn a diversity of topics, ranging from the structure and function of the cells that make up animals, through anatomy and physiology, reproduction and development, evolution and behavior.
- This knowledge is important for a range of activities, including biomedical research, Biodiversity, phytoremediation, the management of natural resources, environmental planning and for understanding the natural world.
- Impart quality life science education through zoological and computational skills related to societal, environmental and ethical issues.
- To empower students with teaching and research skills in life sciences.