LDC Fashion House - Department of Fashion Designing
- Name : ‘LADY DOAK FASHION HOUSE’
- Theme : ‘F-TIARA’14
- Date of conduct : 26th February 2014.
- Description : A place where the department students design, construct Haute-Couture (High-Level Fashion) costumes and the products are exhibited, promoted on the ramp and sold.
The theme ‘F-TIARA’, means ‘The crown for Fashion’. It highlights the richness, pride and dignity of fashionistas.
Set-up of ‘Lady Doak Fashion House’:-
- Type: Indoor Stadium
- Runway: ‘T’ zone-patterned runway with one feet height from the floor.
- Designer products: Three categories of designer garments, surface ornamentation products.
- Boards: Portfolio Presentation boards, Fashion Illustration boards, Fashion Designers’ boards.
Inside Fashion House, there is a lot of fashion-oriented activity such as,
- Exhibition of emerging designer products
- Talk on ‘Fashion’ – History of costumes ( Saree and Cocktail dress)
- Story time – Cinderella tale and Barbie time.
- Walk on the ramp – (Ethnic wear, Party wear and Kid’s wear)
- Award Ceremony
- Fashion Squad – ‘Inside the Haute Couture Studio’ – a play
- Talk by leading people in the Fashion industry.
Basically a Fashion House is considered as a parent association which hires numerous fashion designers to produce a variety of lines (collections).