To develop active students and to equip them with the knowledge, skills and attitudes to pursue and enjoy a physically active and healthy lifestyle.
To develop the physical, intellectual, social and emotional aspects of the student through physical activity.
Lady Doak College plays a vital role in the Southern Districts of Tamil Nadu and in the University area in education as well as in sports. The college promotes the following sports and games.
•Our college is giving Golden Oppurtunity to maximum 60 sports students are admitted through “ Sports Quota” in various disciplines and their expenses for their entire course of study and boarding & lodging more than thirty lakhs (Rs 30, 00,000) every year meet by the management.
•Management Sports scholarship Rs.1000/-for University Blues
•Management Sports scholarship for National Representation.
•Every year the college is producing many National and District players through Madurai District Association. Whenever the District Association in various games requires the help of the college, it is extended to them in organizing district leagues and Inter state matches.
•The college teams are actively participating in the Association matches every year and they represent the association teams in various levels in the matches at State level and National Level.
• College retains M.K.U Aggregate Team Championship for Team Games for the last 20 years except (2003-2004).
• College retains M.K.U University Blues Championship from the year of inception except (2003-2004).
• College won the M.K.U Athletic Championship for the last seven consecutive years.
• Three-year degree course in B.Sc Physical Education and Sports Sciences was introduced in the academic year 2007-2008.
• From the academic year 2006 – 2007 attending Compulsory Physical Education classes for one hour /week has been made mandatory for first year students. They learn Yoga, Karate, Aerobics, Folk Dance, Mass Drill and Marching during the physical education class. They are also trained in playing musical instruments in the College Band.
• Fitness and Wellness, Health and Safety Education and Yoga for Human Excellence are offered as an elective course for the second and third year under graduate students from 2009 onwards.
• One year Diplamo in Yoga course is introduced from this academic year 2011-2012
• Lt. Dr.T.Shantha Meena is awarded Ph.D in the year 2010. • Dr.A.Kiruba Jebaseeli is awarded Ph.D in the year 2010.
Phone: 091 - 452 - 2530527, 2524575 Extn 236